Alfa Romeo Unveils New Giulietta and MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde Models At Geneva
The legendary Quadrifoglio Verde, which has identified Alfa Romeo’s highest performing models since 1923, is back with dynamic new versions.
- Giulietta celebrates its 60th anniversary with new Quadrifoglio Verde model
- New QV model marks the debut of the new, all-aluminium 240 horsepower (177kW) 1750cc turbo petrol engine with direct injection
- State-of-the-art Alfa TCT 6-speed twin dry clutch transmission
- Same engine and transmission as Alfa Romeo 4C supercar
- Giulietta flagship model can exceed 240km/h and accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.6 seconds
- New intake system highlights Alfa Romeo's full, enveloping engine sound
- New steering wheel and instruments with dedicated graphics and QV logo and new leather and Alcantara seats with built-in headrests
- New matte finish Magnesio Grey body colour exclusively created for the Launch Edition special series in a limited edition of only 500 vehicles. Also available in Alfa Red and in Competizione Red (triple coat)
- New MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde features 170 horsepower (126kW) 1.4 MultiAir turbo petrol engine with 230 Nm torque at 2500 rpm
- Sporty compact reaches top speed of 219km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in 7.3 seconds
- 124 g/km CO2 emissions and 5.4 l/100 km fuel consumption in the combined cycle
- MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde’s aggressive look conveyed by rear spoiler, burnished finish mirror fairings, front grille, door handles, headlight frames and 17-inch alloy wheels with red brake callipers
- New version also exclusively features new matte Magnesio Grey body colour
- Black leather upholstery with contrasting stitching for steering wheel, park brake and gear shifter; new instruments with QV logo, Competizione dashboard with 'carbon look' finish and new special mats
The new Alfa Romeo Giulietta and MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde models made their world debut at the Geneva Motor Show this week.
The recently renewed models will continue to leave a mark on their respective markets with sports-focused styling, compact and powerful engines, optimal power-to-weight ratio and advanced technological features.
The two new high performance models are in sync with the upcoming 4C supercar, Alfa Romeo’s modern icon that represents the essential sportiness embedded in the Italian brand’s DNA.
The two new vehicles are also tribute to the legendary history of the Quadrifoglio Verde (four leaf clover), a symbol that has been associated with Alfa Romeo’s highest performing vehicles since 1923.
The Quadrifoglio Verde has appeared on both racing vehicles and numerous special production models.
The 'RL' model, which Ugo Sivocci drove to victory in the 14th edition of the Targa Florio in 1923, was the first Alfa Romeo to bear the Quadrifoglio Verde.
All racing Alfas have carried the emblem for good luck since then, ensuring its worldwide recognition.
The symbol also began to appear on road-going Alfa Romeos in the 1960s.
The Quadrifoglio Verde versions of MiTo and Giulietta have assumed a place in the tradition of the best Alfa Romeos, drawing on the heritage of dynamic performance without compromising on efficiency, respect for the environment and convenience in everyday use.